A volunteer can be anyone in Durban who wants to give of their time or talents to make an impact on social dignity in Durban.
A Champion is a volunteer who has dedicated time to We are Durban, and has been trained in being a “super-volunteer”. Champions are our most active and vibrant classification of volunteers they are the eyes, ears, feet, hands and heart of We are Durban within a charity.
Champions have been around We are Durban circles for some time and have been getting involved in many Saturday events. Their commitment is commendable and they are purely servant hearted.
To become a champion:
- we would approach such individuals which we believe would be suitable.
- Volunteers can also approach us and ask if they can get more involved in volunteering than just the Saturday event.
What’s expected of Champions:
- These volunteers understand the purpose of We are Durban.
- These volunteers should have a sense of in which direction We are Durban is heading as an organisation.
- They have read an outline of a book called “When Helping Hurts” and can see and implement our approach of assisting and developing organisations.
- They have had a police clearance done, for the sake of the possible children they might come across and for legal related matters.
We keep records of these volunteers. Champions are either placed in a charity or used within We are Durban. Champions will be closely monitored by the We are Durban volunteer manager.
BECOME A VOLUNTEER:
If you would like to receive our volunteer newsletter and be informed of the upcoming events please email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.